At Agnes, we use single stream recycling, which means that all you have to do is put recyclable items into one bin. No sorting required.
Recyclable items include:
· Plastics #1-7
· Paper products including magazines and newspaper
· Aluminum cans
· Plastic bags and wrapping
· Styrofoam #6 only
Where can you recycle items? Any bin with a blue bag is for recycling and they are located across campus.
There are composting bins located throughout campus in the dining halls, residence halls, and at special events. Composting allows to reduce the amount of waste that is sent to the landfill.
Compostable items include:
· All foods such as meat, bone, dairy, poultry, fish produce, breads, pastas, tofu, flowers, tea bags, and coffee grounds.
· Any waxed paper products such as the to go cups in Evans, since the wax coating cannot be recycled.
· Used paper pates and napkins
So why does it matter? Recycling and composting reduces the amount of waste that is sent to the landfill and helps Agnes reach its goal of being climate neutral by reducing our carbon footprint.
- ascsustainability posted this